walking in the rain
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
the decision
A few days ago at Universal Studios Singapore, when you came running up to me and crying after one of the characters you hate tried to catch and disturb you, I realized that all I really had to do, was to be there for you.
Today, as you lay motionless while being wheeled back into the ward on a stretcher after your tonsillectomy surgery, I realized that all I needed to do, was to be there to take care of you.
As you struggled to swallow water and medicine in pain, I wished I could be the one suffering instead of you.
As I fed you porridge and jelly at 6pm for your first meal of the day, I realized that all I really wanted to do was to love you.
Today's happenings felt like scenes taken from a MediaCorp Channel 8 drama, but never in my life did something like this feel so real.
Tonight, I ended up all teary as I looked through the photos I took at the hospital, and I hate myself for not being able to stay the night with you due to the hospital's visiting hours.
Today, I made a decision.
I promise that I will always be there for you.
I promise that I will take care of you no matter what happens.
I promise that I will always love you.
To my baby: Thank you for loving me. I love you.
Today, as you lay motionless while being wheeled back into the ward on a stretcher after your tonsillectomy surgery, I realized that all I needed to do, was to be there to take care of you.
As you struggled to swallow water and medicine in pain, I wished I could be the one suffering instead of you.
As I fed you porridge and jelly at 6pm for your first meal of the day, I realized that all I really wanted to do was to love you.
Today's happenings felt like scenes taken from a MediaCorp Channel 8 drama, but never in my life did something like this feel so real.
Tonight, I ended up all teary as I looked through the photos I took at the hospital, and I hate myself for not being able to stay the night with you due to the hospital's visiting hours.
Today, I made a decision.
I promise that I will always be there for you.
I promise that I will take care of you no matter what happens.
I promise that I will always love you.
To my baby: Thank you for loving me. I love you.
posted by Selwyn at 1:24 AM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home