walking in the rain
Sunday, August 22, 2010
silly sports in stupid singapore
It always amazes me seeing how people can be such sports fanatics, especially soccer.
To me, soccer is nothing but a bunch of people running after a ball. How fun can that be? And after they finally get near the ball, they kick it away. I mean, seriously, how interesting is that? Someone tell me please.
People who claim that they’re a fan of this team or that team simply prove to be nothing but silly. Phrases like “Come on, Man U!”, “Shit! How could Arsenal miss the goal?!” or even “We are the champions!” makes me wonder if they’ve got any brains at all. WE are the champions? Who’s WE? You? What makes YOU a champion when the team you support wins a match? You simply did nothing but watch the match, right?
Or if a team loses a match, you end up crying like a girl. Oh please, do everyone a favour and get a life.
If you’re a soccer fan, please do not take offence, but in my opinion, people who play soccer, or watch soccer for that matter, simply have too much time on their hands.
The YOG is on right now, and if you ask me how interested I am, on a scale of 1 to 10, I’d give it a zero. It’s nothing but a waste of taxpayers’ hard-earned money. Come on, let’s face it – who really cares? Many polls have been done online, and it’s clear that Singaporeans don’t give two hoots about any of these sports competitions.
Singapore should stop wasting precious time and resources in things like these. We should focus on more important issues like the recent floodings and what not. Instead, we’re forced to give way to stupid YOG buses on the roads, with time and money spent on painting the “Give Way” signs on the roads. Honestly, I don’t really care, and I’m definitely not giving way to any of these buses if I do see them on the roads. We pay road tax too.
To me, soccer is nothing but a bunch of people running after a ball. How fun can that be? And after they finally get near the ball, they kick it away. I mean, seriously, how interesting is that? Someone tell me please.
People who claim that they’re a fan of this team or that team simply prove to be nothing but silly. Phrases like “Come on, Man U!”, “Shit! How could Arsenal miss the goal?!” or even “We are the champions!” makes me wonder if they’ve got any brains at all. WE are the champions? Who’s WE? You? What makes YOU a champion when the team you support wins a match? You simply did nothing but watch the match, right?
Or if a team loses a match, you end up crying like a girl. Oh please, do everyone a favour and get a life.
If you’re a soccer fan, please do not take offence, but in my opinion, people who play soccer, or watch soccer for that matter, simply have too much time on their hands.
The YOG is on right now, and if you ask me how interested I am, on a scale of 1 to 10, I’d give it a zero. It’s nothing but a waste of taxpayers’ hard-earned money. Come on, let’s face it – who really cares? Many polls have been done online, and it’s clear that Singaporeans don’t give two hoots about any of these sports competitions.
Singapore should stop wasting precious time and resources in things like these. We should focus on more important issues like the recent floodings and what not. Instead, we’re forced to give way to stupid YOG buses on the roads, with time and money spent on painting the “Give Way” signs on the roads. Honestly, I don’t really care, and I’m definitely not giving way to any of these buses if I do see them on the roads. We pay road tax too.
posted by Selwyn at 10:29 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home