walking in the rain

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

i'm back :)

I have to admit I’ve almost completely forgotten about this blog. Kinda matches its title doesn’t it? Haha.

It’s been close to 3 months since I’ve actually written anything. It’s always the case – I can’t find the time, and even when I can, there will be always other better things to do than sit down and log into Blogger. I shall endeavour to be less lazy though, because it seems there are still quite a number of people who drop by, whoever you are.

I’ve changed the template too. I got slightly tired of the old one.

Time flies. It’s 1st October today, and it’s a public holiday, which is why I can finally stay home and do things like update this blog and upload long-awaited photos on Facebook. There’re albums which I have been waiting to upload since May, and I’ve finally done so today.

Well, just a quick update on what’s going on in my life. It’s not exactly the usual, because I’ve got a couple of new jobs. I’m still studying at School of Music and the Arts. More than half a year of this audio engineering course has flown by, and I’m waiting to graduate sometime in March next year. It’s been pretty fun so far, and I’ve been excelling in most of the modules so I hope I’ll keep that up.

I’m now a music instructor at Overseas Family School, and I provide individual piano classes to the kids there. It’s a wonderful job, because the kids are mostly cute, and the school pays much better as compared to a local music school. Working hours are short, too, so it isn’t demanding at all. The work environment is great – I have my own room and parents are not allowed to sit in, so I get to interact better with the kids. Of course, the only downside is that some parents can be rather demanding, but I’m thankful because I haven’t come across as many as my other colleagues yet.

Another piece of exciting news – I’m now working at MediaCorp Radio. I applied for a producer/presenter position at Symphony 92.4FM, and they were happy to offer me a part-time position. The full-time positions have already been taken up, but I wasn’t looking for a full-time job anyway so I was more than happy when I received the email from the Programme Director.

Working in a radio station has always been my dream job, and I was surprised when I received news after sending in a simple demo tape to them, which I recorded and edit within a few hours due to time constraints at the time I produced it.

MediaCorp Radio is a whole load of fun. You get to see all the stars together with your favourite DJs all over the radio building and visit all the radio stations without any restrictions. The crew at Symphony 92.4FM are the most fun-loving people I’ve come across, so it’s like a dream come true.

I’m almost wrapping up my 2-month training, and after which, I will be on air during selected weekends. I’ve been trailing shows live with some of my colleagues, including Sin with the Evening Drive, Andrew Lim with the Morning Show and a couple of weekenders as well. Andrew moved over to radio permanently after being on Under One Roof for a few years, and it’s interesting to see him present his radio show because he’s so different from the others.

By the way, all MediaCorp Radio stations have just released their brand new car decals, and apart from going to each and every station’s office with my PD to pick up each station’s new car decals, Symphony 92.4FM had its first car decal giveaway at Dempsey Road last Wednesday. I went down to not only give my support but to help my colleagues with the giveaway itself. Conrad Centennial Hotel was our sponsor for this giveaway and there were pound cakes together with the Conrad Bear given to the first 200 cars which drove by. Believe it or not, the response was overwhelming, and I was so wrong when I actually thought that few people listen to Symphony 92.4FM. Cars started streaming in since 7am, and when I arrived just 5 minutes after 7am, there was already a long queue waiting to enter Dempsey Road carpark. My uncle had lent me his car for 2 weeks, so I got a chance to drive to the location itself despite my mum taking the family car to work.

Unfortunately, there was a heavy downpour towards the end of the giveaway itself, but it didn’t deter motorists from driving by. Car decals together with Symphony 92.4FM station premiums were given out to motorists who weren’t the first 200 who drove by. Live reports by colleagues Andrew and Lynette were also made occasionally, and it was really a fun experience, although a pretty wet one, as most of us huddled together behind the back of the 938LIVE van trying our best to stay dry.

All in all, life has been good. I’ll try to update more often and post pictures whenever I can. :)
posted by Selwyn at 6:04 PM

1 Comments:

cheers n be blessed with life bro.. happen to chance upon your blog.. nice to see u looking great now! stay cheerful! =)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home