walking in the rain
Thursday, May 28, 2009
i'm back
I'm surprised that this blog is still having hit counts, after leaving it dead for so long now.
Well, I'm back to say that thankfully, I'm still alive and kicking. :)
I've just been through one of the most incredulously busy periods of my life, which was my very first radio Wave, which lasted 8 weeks, from mid-March till mid-May.
From handling of music scheduling, playlists, producing trailers for our Wave contest, preparing all the various segments for all the time belts during Wave, picking contest winners, along with preparing, scripting and recording the different segments for my own lunch show has been no joke at all.
All these on top of school talks, meetings, annoying company off days and running another job at OFS all at the same time.
Not forgetting this has been my very first time doing all of this, as I'm new to the radio industry.
I had so much work to do, I was practically camping at MediaCorp. I would have stayed overnight if I had company, actually.
Well, I'm just glad I survived it. :)
This week marks my last week on the lunch show. I have moved up to Music Director, and will be taking charge of my station's music instead. The previous MD left sometime back, which was something I did not expect at all.
I took up this offer because my station really needed all the help it could get.
From June, I will be full-time at MediaCorp, 8 hours a day, without a permanent time belt. I will cover shows now and then when other presenters are on MC. I will also do the weekend shows occasionally, so if you're a listener, you will still hear me around.
And yes, this means that I have left my other job at Overseas Family School. It has been a fairly fun and enriching experience but I just feel that it's time for me to go. In any case, some of the kids are getting out of hand. I shall not elaborate further. I will miss most of them, though. I'm quite close to them, and I treat some of them like my own kids.
Even if I did not move over to being full-time at MediaCorp, I would have left anyway. It has been tiring running 2 jobs, and the extra money I get from OFS has been given to cab drivers anyway, including the stalker I mentioned in my previous entry, if you still remember.
Speaking of the stalker, he's still around man. Everyday. I have written in to the taxi company but there has been no response so far, so maybe I'll write in again when I have the time.
Anyway, I've been having strange dreams of late. I find dreams interesting, actually, but it gets scary when they contain content of people closest to you passing away, which happens once in a while.
Well, I'm off.
It seems quite fun updating this blog all over again. I'll try to do it more often. :)
Well, I'm back to say that thankfully, I'm still alive and kicking. :)
I've just been through one of the most incredulously busy periods of my life, which was my very first radio Wave, which lasted 8 weeks, from mid-March till mid-May.
From handling of music scheduling, playlists, producing trailers for our Wave contest, preparing all the various segments for all the time belts during Wave, picking contest winners, along with preparing, scripting and recording the different segments for my own lunch show has been no joke at all.
All these on top of school talks, meetings, annoying company off days and running another job at OFS all at the same time.
Not forgetting this has been my very first time doing all of this, as I'm new to the radio industry.
I had so much work to do, I was practically camping at MediaCorp. I would have stayed overnight if I had company, actually.
Well, I'm just glad I survived it. :)
This week marks my last week on the lunch show. I have moved up to Music Director, and will be taking charge of my station's music instead. The previous MD left sometime back, which was something I did not expect at all.
I took up this offer because my station really needed all the help it could get.
From June, I will be full-time at MediaCorp, 8 hours a day, without a permanent time belt. I will cover shows now and then when other presenters are on MC. I will also do the weekend shows occasionally, so if you're a listener, you will still hear me around.
And yes, this means that I have left my other job at Overseas Family School. It has been a fairly fun and enriching experience but I just feel that it's time for me to go. In any case, some of the kids are getting out of hand. I shall not elaborate further. I will miss most of them, though. I'm quite close to them, and I treat some of them like my own kids.
Even if I did not move over to being full-time at MediaCorp, I would have left anyway. It has been tiring running 2 jobs, and the extra money I get from OFS has been given to cab drivers anyway, including the stalker I mentioned in my previous entry, if you still remember.
Speaking of the stalker, he's still around man. Everyday. I have written in to the taxi company but there has been no response so far, so maybe I'll write in again when I have the time.
Anyway, I've been having strange dreams of late. I find dreams interesting, actually, but it gets scary when they contain content of people closest to you passing away, which happens once in a while.
Well, I'm off.
It seems quite fun updating this blog all over again. I'll try to do it more often. :)
posted by Selwyn at 12:23 AM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home