walking in the rain
Sunday, June 18, 2006
surrealism
I’ve been having lots of weird dreams lately. It find it quite funny because it’s something that doesn’t really happen often. I won’t go into the contents, but some of them are nightmares, which leaves me with extreme weird feelings when I get up (especially when it’s 2am and the wind is howling because it’s about to rain).
I’ve always wondered what dreams are trying to imply. Somehow, I believe that they’re trying to hint something, but then again, I have no idea what they are. I wish I have someone who is able to interpret my dreams (no Jaspar you’re so not counted). It’ll be fun, wouldn’t it?
I was sorting out the files in my external drive a few minutes ago when I came across a couple of MSN chat conversations I saved a few years ago. It really made me quite sad, but I guess there’s nothing I can do about it. I don’t get to hear my heart shattering very often – in fact almost not at all, unless of course I get to see this other very special person again in my life. The last time it happened was a couple of months ago, but I never regretted my actions. I must learn to teach myself to sit back and smile sometimes. After all, I am happy for this person, am I not? :)
Anyway, life’s been good, for those who’re wondering. It’s been packed, as usual, but it’s been filled with lots of fun activities besides work. Caught a number of great movie previews over the past few weeks – Poiseidon, Over The Hedge, Mission Imposspsible 3, Slither, and Garfield. I saw the Garfield mascot before the movie started, and it really looked, well, quite cute, to say the least. Some of you idiots out there have been saying over the years that I look like Garfield… well, I guess I wouldn’t really deny that eh?
I was on my way to work early one morning when I found a wallet sitting in between the seats of an SMRT bus. At first, I thought it was an umbrella cover (because it was a rainy morning), so I didn’t really bother until a few minutes later, when the object fell into the hole between the 2 seats. That was when I realized that it was a wallet. Well, turns out that it belonged to a 16-year old girl who studied at Bendemeer Secondary (after doing a search of her full name on the net when I reached camp). I then called the school up (without even realizing that it’s the school holidays now), hoping to reach the girl, but of course, there weren’t any students around, so I left my contact number with the school staff. The girl finally called (but at a bad time because I was busy collecting my Jamie Cullum tickets from this really ulu place in Geylang), and after lots of SMSes, I finally went all the way down to Bukit Panjang Plaza last weekend to return her wallet. Yeah. :)
Anyway, this ex-colleague of mine (from my very first company) has been trying to reach me recently. I don’t usually entertain calls from people I don’t wish to talk to (especially those who try to use their MLM tactics on me), but by the looks of it, it seems like he’s not up to anything, which is why I’m puzzled by the fact that he calls me once in a while to chat. Not that it’s anything wrong. I just find it strange because our age gap is really quite huge, so I wonder why he keeps wanting to know what I’ve been up to. Gosh. Maybe he’s a stalker. On second thoughts, maybe I’m thinking too much. Haha.
Well, anyway, in other news, the trickster gang finally met up as a full group last week! The 4 of us had dinner at Ichiban Boshi at Esplanade. Of course, I didn’t bring my 3 cats along. Haha. It was one of the best gatherings I’ve had in a long time, so much fun, yet so much rubbish. We had some really nice chocolate at Max Brenner – where we spent half the time laughing at this drunk staff, who was still so polite to us even though I bet he didn’t know what he was doing half the time. Hahaha. Our trickster gatherings are always the best. :)
Okay, so I’ve been busy preparing for camp auditions which lasted over 2 days – 6th and 7th June. There was so much work to do since my friend who was supposed to do all the admin work wasn’t around, so I gladly covered for him, no thanks to my manager. It was really tedious doing all the preparation, right down from planning the layout to deciding who should be in charge of which station, to the putting up of signs and clearing of studios. It was a good experience, I must say. The only downside was that there weren’t many recruits who came to audition this time round, which also meant a good thing because with less auditionees, we had less work to do. :)
Moving on. I attended this chinese instrumental concert on 15th June at the Singapore Conference Hall. Of course, it was the day where Jamie Cullum played live in Singapore, but I sold off all my 4 tickets to my friends and made some money out of it. Haha. It was a great concert, with several of my camp friends starring as guest players (and even conductors). Didn’t know they were such big shots in the orchestra. Haha. It’s my first time attending a chinese instrumental concert, and I must say it was a wonderful performance. To Andy and Moses, a job well done. Had a great supper at Lau Pa Sat with RX and TY after the performance, after which, we shared a cab back home because it was late.
I know this entry’s getting longer than expected, but I seem to be really in the mood to blog tonight (something which doesn’t happen very often), so please bear with me.
Here’s my belated birthday greetings to a few friends - Clarence, Ian, Rong Chen, Wai Foong, and not forgetting Eugene, of course. The chalets, parties, and dinners were awesome, and I hope you like the presents. Eugene, hope you enjoyed the sumptuous grilled seafood platter at Manhattan Fish Market (it’s one of my favourites, really), and thanks for your treat at Swensens, of course. :) Can’t wait for the next birthday party this coming weekend! Won’t mention who it is, as it’s meant to be kept as a secret (as requested by the birthday boy). Haha.
Oh, by the way, SE performed at the Turf Club on Friday. We performed in the lounge, of course, not on the race track, but nonetheless, it was still an interesting place to put up a performance. I love the whole place though. Maybe I shall head down one of these days and place my bet on my favourite horse – ‘sai ma’. Hahaha. (Sorry, internal joke.)
Okay, I shan’t go on further, although I have a million other stories to share. Before I go, I shall leave you with a few random thoughts.
- Knowing how to handle people is one of the most important and interesting things in life. No choice – you’ve got to be sly, because sometimes that’s the only method of getting your way around.
- I recently hopped by the ice-skating ring at Jurong when I was there to buy some books for my students. I don’t know why but that place always causes my emotions to stir up for no reason.
- I’ve figured that you have to be very free to take part in competitions (note, not contests, but competitions – i.e. Singapore Idol, Super whatever). You can’t be a student, neither can you be working, else how on earth would you find the time?
- I think people who beat the seats in a bus after the person next to them stand up and leave look really stupid. Why would people want to touch something that just came into contact with another person’s ass?
- Everything you hear on the radio is nothing but soccer, soccer and more soccer. Even contests aren’t spared – half the prizes on radio these days have something to do with the World Cup.
- I can predict things so well, I think I’m psychic.
And yes, I think it’s time for me to go. So there, finally, after so many months, here’s a long entry for you to read and slowly digest whatever rubbish that I’ve just written. Haha. Happy reading. :)
I’ve always wondered what dreams are trying to imply. Somehow, I believe that they’re trying to hint something, but then again, I have no idea what they are. I wish I have someone who is able to interpret my dreams (no Jaspar you’re so not counted). It’ll be fun, wouldn’t it?
I was sorting out the files in my external drive a few minutes ago when I came across a couple of MSN chat conversations I saved a few years ago. It really made me quite sad, but I guess there’s nothing I can do about it. I don’t get to hear my heart shattering very often – in fact almost not at all, unless of course I get to see this other very special person again in my life. The last time it happened was a couple of months ago, but I never regretted my actions. I must learn to teach myself to sit back and smile sometimes. After all, I am happy for this person, am I not? :)
Anyway, life’s been good, for those who’re wondering. It’s been packed, as usual, but it’s been filled with lots of fun activities besides work. Caught a number of great movie previews over the past few weeks – Poiseidon, Over The Hedge, Mission Imposspsible 3, Slither, and Garfield. I saw the Garfield mascot before the movie started, and it really looked, well, quite cute, to say the least. Some of you idiots out there have been saying over the years that I look like Garfield… well, I guess I wouldn’t really deny that eh?
I was on my way to work early one morning when I found a wallet sitting in between the seats of an SMRT bus. At first, I thought it was an umbrella cover (because it was a rainy morning), so I didn’t really bother until a few minutes later, when the object fell into the hole between the 2 seats. That was when I realized that it was a wallet. Well, turns out that it belonged to a 16-year old girl who studied at Bendemeer Secondary (after doing a search of her full name on the net when I reached camp). I then called the school up (without even realizing that it’s the school holidays now), hoping to reach the girl, but of course, there weren’t any students around, so I left my contact number with the school staff. The girl finally called (but at a bad time because I was busy collecting my Jamie Cullum tickets from this really ulu place in Geylang), and after lots of SMSes, I finally went all the way down to Bukit Panjang Plaza last weekend to return her wallet. Yeah. :)
Anyway, this ex-colleague of mine (from my very first company) has been trying to reach me recently. I don’t usually entertain calls from people I don’t wish to talk to (especially those who try to use their MLM tactics on me), but by the looks of it, it seems like he’s not up to anything, which is why I’m puzzled by the fact that he calls me once in a while to chat. Not that it’s anything wrong. I just find it strange because our age gap is really quite huge, so I wonder why he keeps wanting to know what I’ve been up to. Gosh. Maybe he’s a stalker. On second thoughts, maybe I’m thinking too much. Haha.
Well, anyway, in other news, the trickster gang finally met up as a full group last week! The 4 of us had dinner at Ichiban Boshi at Esplanade. Of course, I didn’t bring my 3 cats along. Haha. It was one of the best gatherings I’ve had in a long time, so much fun, yet so much rubbish. We had some really nice chocolate at Max Brenner – where we spent half the time laughing at this drunk staff, who was still so polite to us even though I bet he didn’t know what he was doing half the time. Hahaha. Our trickster gatherings are always the best. :)
Okay, so I’ve been busy preparing for camp auditions which lasted over 2 days – 6th and 7th June. There was so much work to do since my friend who was supposed to do all the admin work wasn’t around, so I gladly covered for him, no thanks to my manager. It was really tedious doing all the preparation, right down from planning the layout to deciding who should be in charge of which station, to the putting up of signs and clearing of studios. It was a good experience, I must say. The only downside was that there weren’t many recruits who came to audition this time round, which also meant a good thing because with less auditionees, we had less work to do. :)
Moving on. I attended this chinese instrumental concert on 15th June at the Singapore Conference Hall. Of course, it was the day where Jamie Cullum played live in Singapore, but I sold off all my 4 tickets to my friends and made some money out of it. Haha. It was a great concert, with several of my camp friends starring as guest players (and even conductors). Didn’t know they were such big shots in the orchestra. Haha. It’s my first time attending a chinese instrumental concert, and I must say it was a wonderful performance. To Andy and Moses, a job well done. Had a great supper at Lau Pa Sat with RX and TY after the performance, after which, we shared a cab back home because it was late.
I know this entry’s getting longer than expected, but I seem to be really in the mood to blog tonight (something which doesn’t happen very often), so please bear with me.
Here’s my belated birthday greetings to a few friends - Clarence, Ian, Rong Chen, Wai Foong, and not forgetting Eugene, of course. The chalets, parties, and dinners were awesome, and I hope you like the presents. Eugene, hope you enjoyed the sumptuous grilled seafood platter at Manhattan Fish Market (it’s one of my favourites, really), and thanks for your treat at Swensens, of course. :) Can’t wait for the next birthday party this coming weekend! Won’t mention who it is, as it’s meant to be kept as a secret (as requested by the birthday boy). Haha.
Oh, by the way, SE performed at the Turf Club on Friday. We performed in the lounge, of course, not on the race track, but nonetheless, it was still an interesting place to put up a performance. I love the whole place though. Maybe I shall head down one of these days and place my bet on my favourite horse – ‘sai ma’. Hahaha. (Sorry, internal joke.)
Okay, I shan’t go on further, although I have a million other stories to share. Before I go, I shall leave you with a few random thoughts.
- Knowing how to handle people is one of the most important and interesting things in life. No choice – you’ve got to be sly, because sometimes that’s the only method of getting your way around.
- I recently hopped by the ice-skating ring at Jurong when I was there to buy some books for my students. I don’t know why but that place always causes my emotions to stir up for no reason.
- I’ve figured that you have to be very free to take part in competitions (note, not contests, but competitions – i.e. Singapore Idol, Super whatever). You can’t be a student, neither can you be working, else how on earth would you find the time?
- I think people who beat the seats in a bus after the person next to them stand up and leave look really stupid. Why would people want to touch something that just came into contact with another person’s ass?
- Everything you hear on the radio is nothing but soccer, soccer and more soccer. Even contests aren’t spared – half the prizes on radio these days have something to do with the World Cup.
- I can predict things so well, I think I’m psychic.
And yes, I think it’s time for me to go. So there, finally, after so many months, here’s a long entry for you to read and slowly digest whatever rubbish that I’ve just written. Haha. Happy reading. :)
posted by Selwyn at 10:19 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home