walking in the rain

Saturday, June 03, 2006

A Breather

Alright, I know it’s been a long time. I’ve been so busy with so many things over the past few months, I just can’t seem to find just one free day where I can sit down to write a proper entry.

Well, life has been hectic, as usual, but it’s been fun, to say the least. I’ve recently been promoted to being IC of the String Ensemble, so that totally adds up to the horrendous amount of things I already have to do. Over the past week, I’ve been so unbelievably busy rushing so many things every single minute of every day in camp, I seem to be doing new things every 5 minutes or so. Attending IC meetings, taking rollcall, running errands, rushing off claims, making calls, dispersing messages, sending emails, photocopying stuff, preparing training schedules, preparing stuff for shows, liasing with organizers, checking transport, informing members about latest updates, meeting with managers, and the list just goes on and on.

By the way, it doesn't include any of my personal stuff that I do in camp, so you can imagine how much work there is to do.

Being an IC gives me a lot more stress, but I feel that it helps me to be an even more responsible person. Meetings are great – they might be long and boring but it helps us connect with our managers, which, I suppose, will be a good thing since we’ll have to work together until the day I ORD. Over the weeks, I’ve realized that the managers that we have are actually quite nice people. No doubt, they give us lots of work to do, but they are always helpful when they see us accidentally digging our graves and try to cover our asses if we actually do get into trouble. Of course, some are biased, and when it comes to the issue of giving punishments of statement of offences to certain individuals, it’s another story altogether.

It’s only a week since I’ve been an IC, but it feels like it’s been a year. I do hope the workload will be reduced as time goes by.

Well, the String Ensemble (formerly known as Chamber Ensemble) has been extremely busy over the past few weeks. This week alone, we had 6 shows in 7 days, and our 2 most recent weekends have totally been burnt, as we had to perform for the 19th Mindef Pride Day at Toa Payoh HDB Hub last week, and another show at Changi Naval Base this weekend. It’s been tiring, but fun, though. I’ll miss the times where we’d have our breakfast at Ya Kun Kaya Toast and gorge ourselves with eggs and toast, the crazy mind games we played during the breaks, the beautiful rest area at Kbox, the wonderful performances we put up, and once again, the list goes on. The amount of fun we had was sheer madness, and I’ll definitely miss it. Not to worry though, I’m sure we’ll have more to come. My string members are a bunch of mad, funny people, and I’m really glad we're able to click, unlike other batches, which I shan’t mention.

I’m in the midst of revamping my photo gallery. You’ll be able to view lots of photos taken on several events once it’s up.

Hundreds of other exciting events have happened over the past few weeks but I don’t have the energy to recall and write everything down at the moment. I’ll consolidate everything in point form and put it up in my next entry. I’ll be busy, as usual, but I promise I’ll try to squeeze in some time, although the thing about me is that I’ll always have other more important things to do than switching on the computer and blog whenever I find pockets of free time. But well, I’ll try to make the effort to update more frequently. To my friends whom I haven’t met in quite a while, do drop me a line, and I’ll try to squeeze you in 2 weeks from now, although I cannot guarantee if I’ll be able to find a slot. Then again, I’ll see what I can do.

If you’ve read till this far, well, thanks. I know this may sound strange, but to all my friends out there, I really love you guys. :)

Take care all. I'll update again soon.
posted by Selwyn at 10:03 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home