walking in the rain
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
the monsoon effects
I was over at Raffles Hotel performing for a wedding last night, and it somehow felt like I haven’t played my violin in a year.
Can’t blame me man – each and every single set of my past 3 shows at Sentosa over the past 2 weeks have been cancelled due to bad weather.
I was told that I was actually quite lucky to substitute J on days where it rained completely, because although it’s the monsoon season, it’s quite rare to have all 3 sets cancelled due to bad weather, but strange enough, on Saturday, it was my 3rd time in a row that the rain (or drizzle, on some occasions) completely destroyed all our sets. That’s 9 sets altogether. We didn’t get to perform, but it’s still good of course, since the money still rolls in.
Well, in other news, I finally got down to doing the recording yesterday as well. Spent quite a bit of money on it, so I’m actually crossing my fingers.
I also managed to catch the gala premiere of National Treasure 2 with my brother this evening. I didn’t actually expect to enjoy it at all, but surprisingly, I did.
Two days of rest for everyone involved in the production, and I’m glad I spent it well. :)
Can’t blame me man – each and every single set of my past 3 shows at Sentosa over the past 2 weeks have been cancelled due to bad weather.
I was told that I was actually quite lucky to substitute J on days where it rained completely, because although it’s the monsoon season, it’s quite rare to have all 3 sets cancelled due to bad weather, but strange enough, on Saturday, it was my 3rd time in a row that the rain (or drizzle, on some occasions) completely destroyed all our sets. That’s 9 sets altogether. We didn’t get to perform, but it’s still good of course, since the money still rolls in.
Well, in other news, I finally got down to doing the recording yesterday as well. Spent quite a bit of money on it, so I’m actually crossing my fingers.
I also managed to catch the gala premiere of National Treasure 2 with my brother this evening. I didn’t actually expect to enjoy it at all, but surprisingly, I did.
Two days of rest for everyone involved in the production, and I’m glad I spent it well. :)
posted by Selwyn at 11:55 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home