walking in the rain
Friday, July 27, 2007
random stuff
I cannot understand why some people like to appear sophisticated in front of others – it makes them look really stupid sometimes.
The power of smells can be amazing. It triggers memories, even up to my primary school days. It’s interesting to know that on certain occasions I can actually recall which teacher puts on which smell of perfume when I come across different types of fragrances.
I was in church a couple of months ago and I remember the pastor preaching something along the lines of experiencing God’s peace. While my eyes were closed, I envisioned a long road, with no end in sight. I felt the Lord telling me to trust in Him in whatever I do in life. It was a great sense of peace – something I’d not experienced in a long time.
I like observing traffic and speed sensors on roads. Haha. Those who sit my car frequently will know. In fact, on roads that I travel often, I know where the different locations of the sensors are.
Both lifts in my block malfunctioned at the same time on one of the days last week. The doors of Lift A just wouldn’t shut and it kept opening and closing. I hopped over to Lift B, hoping for a smooth ride, but little did I know that the lift was faulty, with its cabin shaking and jerking all the way up. It was as if one of the ropes pulling the lift up was entangled and was about to snap. Never have I had such a freaky experience.
A pretty gigantic machine called Big Sweet Land has landed in most arcades in town and it's funny to see people pay dollar after dollar, hoping to scoop up their favourite sweet or snack. On most occasions, the machine doesn’t scoop up anything. Not much, at least. I don’t understand why people pay good money to catch a handful of sweets that’s been left in the machine for weeks, or even months. They might as well give me some of their money.
I opened one of my secret drawers at home a recently, and I happened to fish out a book containing the autographs of my primary 6 classmates. I remember going round collecting as many autographs as I could during the last 2 weeks of my primary school life. Well, I suddenly had a thought to search for some of my old friends on Friendster, to see what everyone’s been up to in life. It was really interesting – I found out that one of my ex-classmates is a good friend of another friend of mine from BMT. It’s a small world indeed.
I think it’s a whole load of fun knowing at the back of your mind what thoughts are going through that person’s mind and understanding how he or she is feeling, having your actions resulting in a particular way at that very point of time. Analyzing people can really be quite fun. :)
The power of smells can be amazing. It triggers memories, even up to my primary school days. It’s interesting to know that on certain occasions I can actually recall which teacher puts on which smell of perfume when I come across different types of fragrances.
I was in church a couple of months ago and I remember the pastor preaching something along the lines of experiencing God’s peace. While my eyes were closed, I envisioned a long road, with no end in sight. I felt the Lord telling me to trust in Him in whatever I do in life. It was a great sense of peace – something I’d not experienced in a long time.
I like observing traffic and speed sensors on roads. Haha. Those who sit my car frequently will know. In fact, on roads that I travel often, I know where the different locations of the sensors are.
Both lifts in my block malfunctioned at the same time on one of the days last week. The doors of Lift A just wouldn’t shut and it kept opening and closing. I hopped over to Lift B, hoping for a smooth ride, but little did I know that the lift was faulty, with its cabin shaking and jerking all the way up. It was as if one of the ropes pulling the lift up was entangled and was about to snap. Never have I had such a freaky experience.
A pretty gigantic machine called Big Sweet Land has landed in most arcades in town and it's funny to see people pay dollar after dollar, hoping to scoop up their favourite sweet or snack. On most occasions, the machine doesn’t scoop up anything. Not much, at least. I don’t understand why people pay good money to catch a handful of sweets that’s been left in the machine for weeks, or even months. They might as well give me some of their money.
I opened one of my secret drawers at home a recently, and I happened to fish out a book containing the autographs of my primary 6 classmates. I remember going round collecting as many autographs as I could during the last 2 weeks of my primary school life. Well, I suddenly had a thought to search for some of my old friends on Friendster, to see what everyone’s been up to in life. It was really interesting – I found out that one of my ex-classmates is a good friend of another friend of mine from BMT. It’s a small world indeed.
I think it’s a whole load of fun knowing at the back of your mind what thoughts are going through that person’s mind and understanding how he or she is feeling, having your actions resulting in a particular way at that very point of time. Analyzing people can really be quite fun. :)
posted by Selwyn at 11:15 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home